The Bioclear Method is a modern approach to cosmetic and restorative dentistry that is used in lieu of traditional fillings, bonding, or veneers. Bioclear is a conservative treatment (most patients don’t feel any discomfort and don’t need anesthetic) and lasts longer than traditional composites, porcelain, or amalgams. It looks better too, with a more natural and consistent finish.
Dr. Thompson completed advanced hands on training at the acclaimed Bioclear Learning Center from the founder and inventor, Dr. David Clark. She is certified in Advanced Anterior, Core Anterior and Core Posterior and has treated everything from small cosmetic procedures to full mouth make overs.
Why choose Bioclear?
It is stronger and longer lasting. The typical longevity of a composite restoration—like certain cavity fillings—might be two to five years. Bioclear restorations typically last fifteen to twenty years or more.
It looks more like natural tooth enamel! And due to the polishing capabilities of the material, it looks more refined and natural compared to traditional composites or “bonding”, and even most crowns.
It conserves more of your natural tooth structure. Even with all the advancements in dentistry today, dentists will remove almost all existing enamel in order to prep for porcelain veneers. Bioclear preparations only call for removing unhealthy tooth structure, so it inherently conserves more of the healthy, original tooth.
What can Bioclear do?
- Fill in triangle-shaped gaps (black triangles) between teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Restore severely worn or eroded teeth
- Fix chipped or broken teeth without veneers or crowns, leaving as much of the underlying tooth structure as possible
- Repair small or misshapen teeth to create an even smile
- Cover stained or discolored teeth to create a whiter, long lasting, natural looking smile
- Cover some areas of root exposure